PRESTO Fare System
Use PRESTO on streetcars, buses and at every subway station entrance.
The PRESTO electronic fare payment system is one piece of the TTC’s modernization efforts. The PRESTO rollout will continue throughout 2018. Notably, the remaining subway station entrances that do not yet have the fare gates with PRESTO will have them installed, new PRESTO Fare Vending Machines and more Self-Serve Reload Machines will be installed at station entrances, and more TTC pass products, such as youth and post-secondary passes, will be introduced on PRESTO.
Want to learn more about PRESTO on the TTC?
Watch these videos about:
- How to use PRESTO on the TTC
- How to get a transfer with PRESTO on the TTC (two-hour transfer available to PRESTO card customers only, starting August 26)
- Where to buy a PRESTO card to use on the TTC
- How to use PRESTO as a senior, youth or child
- $3.00 (Adult)
- $2.05 (Senior, age 65+ / Youth, ages 13-19)
- Save up to $1.50 per trip when you transfer between TTC and GO Transit or UP Express when you pay your fare with PRESTO. Learn more.
- Monthly pass (Adult - $146.25; Senior - $116.75). Learn more.
- 12 Month Pass (Adult - $134). Learn more.
PRESTO might be right for you if you
- Are an adult customer who pays by tokens, cash buys a regular Metropass or Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) pass
- Are a senior customer who pays by tickets, cash or buys a regular Metropass
- Are a youth (student) who pays by tickets or cash
- Travel by bus or streetcar
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.